Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Post #5

The iSchool Initiative

In this by Travis Allen, talks about his solution to the school systems throughout America. He thinks the solution. In this video he talks about instead of using books, pencils,Paper and expensive printing machines that we should incorporate iTouch in Schools which provides apps that do all things that books,pencils and paper would do. As for taking notes, there is a note App on the iTouch which would allow them to get all the notes and with email available, they can email back and forth with the teacher. There are some pretty cool Apps such as Chemical Touch. This App shows the whole periodic table and displays information on any element. There is also a Iclassic which gives you access to all your texts books and you don't have to waste paper or any resources. The assignments act is pretty cool. It allows the student to see all his assignments and the teacher is able to see and respond to them right away.

After watching the video, I believe that this video was very informative. It provided great information on how schools should transition to this iTouchs. Having this technology with make it easier and less expensive on the student and parents. Another thing is that kids these days stay on there iphones and itouches anyways so I think students would enjoy doing classwork on their phone. Using more technology will also save so many natural resources by not using pencils and paper and other school supplies. Overall, I think this is a great idea to incorporate technology into the school systems.
Using technology in schools
Eric Whitacre's Virtual Tour

The video Eric Whitacre's Virtual Tour was pretty aweasome. It is pretty cool how technology can produce voices like that. He was so outgoing towards these people he has never met and showed them how cool technology was. Personally, I think it was a amazing video because I have never really seen anything like it. These days technology has come such a long way its incredible and i think people should take advantage of it.
Eric Whitacres Visual Tour

Why I flipped my classroom and Dr. Lodge McCammon's FIZZ

After watching Why I Flipped my classroom and Dr.Lodge McCammons FIZZ I really came to like the idea of Flipping the classroom. She was completely right about how the variety of students in the classroom can change. There are students that are fast learners, some are slow learners and some are lower level students. Personally, I could see myself using this strategy. Now a days there are so many kids that never really get the lesson plans. In a classroom there are some many kids and different kind of learners and i want to be able to reach out to all of them. Letting the kids go on there computer and listen to the lesson plans over and over again will prepare them for the class and will help them be more active in that days lesson plan. For those fast learners, they can work ahead. When the kids are able to be in a group with the same leveled kids that makes it easier to learn. I feel like more classrooms should do this because i know i like learn better when the teacher is specific and more hands on.
Why I Flipped My Classroom

Teaching in the 21st Century

After watching the videoTeaching in the 21st Century by Kevin Roberts, he believes you have to understand concepts and provide facts,content, formulas and other things. He goes on to say that students can learn some anywhere, anytime, Anyplace. The importance of the web is huge in kids life today. He says that we need to incorporate the tools that the kids already know how to use to learning. As a educator, I will have to adapt to my students and give them the best chance to learn. My biggest thing is to get the students to interact and engage in the classroom and im going to do whatever i can to make that happen.
Teaching in the 21st Century







2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan!

    I really enjoyed reading your post, and you seem to have a great understanding of all of the information we looked at this week. I, too, liked the idea of the flipped classroom. I think it is a great approach that will get students involved in their own learning process. I loved that you included several pictures in your post, and you did a great job of using links and bold headers.

    I did notice a few grammatical and spelling errors in your post though. For example: "texts books" would just be "textbooks," "assignment acts" would be "assignment apps," "a educator" would be "an educator."

    A few of the sentences were somewhat hard to follow, and I noticed a couple of fragments throughout. For example, maybe you could reword the very first sentence to something like this: "Travis Allen's video discusses solutions to help better technology in America's school systems." Sometimes it is more efficient to be concise and to eliminate all unnecessary words.

    Also, make sure to always capitalize "I."

    Like I said though, you seemed to have a great understanding of the ideas, and you presented thoughtful explanations. The suggestions I mentioned are easy fixes and can be caught with a quick proofread.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan,

    Good job on your post. I'm glad that you have found some useful information form this assignment! These new ways of teaching and learning are only getting more diverse, so having a basic knowledge about these things is very important to the 21st Century teacher.

    I found several grammatical errors in your post. Make sure you are proofing. Sometimes it helps to have someone else proof your post also. They might find mistakes that you couldn't.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete