Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blog Post #8

This is How We Dream

The video This How We Dream Part 1 and 2 Dr. Richard Miller gave a presentation titled “The Way we teach now”. Being part of EDM 310, I have learned how to use the internet and enjoy using technology. Prior to the 21st century students used textbooks, lectures and literature to learn in school. Now ways of learning have changed. Teachers start to incorporate technology in the classroom. Personally growing up, I used pens, paper, and books to learn my assignments. Now students learn concepts through internet, social networking, e-books and much more. Personally, I think students should use pencils and books but combine it with technology as well.
This is how we dream



Now people can communicate instantly and globally. Students and teachers collaborate together and they are able to visualize instantly by producing works with print, images, and film. He puts together a video that have all these things in this one video. He does this because it improves student’s memory and provides excitement. These techniques make works on the internet live forever. He also talks about how you can learn things without even stepping foot in the classroom. For example, He says he wrote a piece of work on the one year anniversary on the shooting at Virginia Tech. He states he was able to provide information without even stepping foot in a library.

I am all for technology, to improve education. Technology has improved my learning tremendously. Without technology I would be without a huge source of technology. Being able to use twitter, Facebook, You Tube, blogging and google chrome has expanded my learning beyond belief. I don’t know what I would do without technology. Personally, being a baseball player and traveling all the time, technology has help me keep up with my classes. By knowing this now, I will definitely incorporate technology in my classroom.

Carly Pugh Blog Post #12

The video about Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12 was a video i really enjoyed and found quite intersting. She had a lot of great suggestions. I received a lot of very valuable tips that I would use in my class room in the future. This post was a post that she thought Dr.Strange should assigned to the class. I liked how she emphasizes the importance of visual assignments in the classroom. I think when students see things visibly they learn it better than being lectured. She also provided some information with writing in Multimedia. I loved her belief in technology and I hope one day I can be that excited about technology in my classroom.
The Chipper Series

The two video on The Chipper series and the video EDM 310 for Dummies were two pretty cool videos. It talks about procrastination and Chipper happens to be that student. For a teacher, communicating with the students would cause less confusion and lessen the chance of procrastination. Students make excuses why they can’t do it, instead of just getting the assigned assignment done. It talks about staying on top of things which ultimately leads to success. Not procrastinating makes life so much easier. When a student does not procrastinate in EDM 310 and does there work throughly without rush, you actually enjoy doing the work. As a student I lose focused and carried away. This video teaches a student that it is important to stay on track and that the teachers is there to help you. This video shows that with a little bit of hard work you can accomplish many things.
The video EDM 310 for dummies is about two students that are very frustrated with their EDM 310 class. It provides information on how to get an A in EDM 310. It just show that if we pay attention and use all of the tools presented to us that the class should not be overwhelming at all. If we could get our work done without rushing, then the class will be fairly easier.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video was pretty interesting and helpful. These days all kids have some sort of technology. Whether it is a IPad or a smartphone. Most kids do not use them for educational purposes. I think that kids need to learn to use technology in the classroom to further their education. The video also says that this technology also provides the kids with a great learning environment. When I become a educator im going to try to teach kids how to use technology to their benefit.

Scavenger Hunt 2.0

The Scavenger Hunt assignment was pretty cool. It provided many tools that you can use to your benefit.

I used the Social Network Google Docs. This one of my favorite social Network's because you can communicate with a teacher without even being in the classroom. A teacher can add or comment on your post and can view it through your very own account. If i ever deals with upper level students I am going to incorporate this in my classroom.

I made my own comic by Make Belief Comix. This a great activity for young kids and i really enjoyed it. I think this is a great tool.

I also explored for education, this is an ideal tool for creating videos and presentations. Animoto helps teachers to enhance their digital classrooms and bring lessons to life. This wonderful website allows for free membership, this is amazing because it offers so much for a teacher who is trying to expand and enhance their lessons. Through one of the features, Spotlight, one can give specific images added prominence and screen time in videos. Animoto also analyzes music, photos and video clips and orchestrates a custom video leaving you free to focus on the content and narrative of your video.













2 comments:

  1. I think that you should put a little more though into your writing. In this sentence use the word said and not says (For example, He says he wrote a piece of work on the one year anniversary on the shooting at Virginia Tech. )There is not many mistakes in your writing just try to put more though into it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Personally, I think students should use pencils and books.." Why pencils? Wouldn't quill pens be better? Or why not crayons? Or rocks to scratch other rocks? Or paint?

    "I am all for technology, to improve education. Technology has improved my learning tremendously." No! Really? I thought you preferred pencils!

    "... a video i really enjoyed..." I must be capitalized.

    Specifically, what was Carly's suggestion for an assignment? You never tell us!

    "For a teacher, communicating with the students would cause less confusion and lessen the chance of procrastination." this sentence makes absolutely no sense to me at all. What do you mean?

    "...does there work throughly..." their, not there

    "...I think that kids need to learn to use technology in the classroom to further their education." Don't forget the pencils!


    ReplyDelete