Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blog Post #11

First Graders Ms. Cassidy’s Classroom

The Video Ms.Cassidy's Classroom was pretty entertaining. They are showing how they use technology in their classroom for learning. The kids seemed very eager and ready to learn. In the video, it shows how the kids use blogs in the classroom. They use these blogs to learn about different subjects. The kids also talk about how to use their webpage to learn. They demonstrate by pressing on pictures and learning about those pictures on that particular site. The webpages provides fun games and very fun ways to learn. It also shows the way those kids comment on posts and how other people can comment on their post. The people commenting give them their views and allow the kids to learn more in depth about the material. One of the kids talks about always being positive while commenting on someone’s blog post. I really liked this idea because I learn a lot better when I see other people views and ideas. They also create and share videos about what they learn in class. I also liked how they used Skype as well. They use this to learn from people across the world.

Kids learning to Blog



The Skype between Dr.Strange and Ms. Cassidy

The conversation Skype Conversation between Dr.Strange and Ms. Cassidy was very informative. I learned many ways how to use technology. I also learned if you really put you mind to it, you can accomplish many things. She talks about when she was a child how she never got the opportunity to use technology. Honestly, I wasn't exposed too much technology as a kid either. I think it really hurt me because now I am really just learning how to use the internet and engage in learning. She first states that she got involved in technology when she was given a few computers about ten years ago. The technology she uses in her classroom growing as technology develops.

She now uses technology in her class frequently. She uses Blogs for her students and their writing skills have improved. I think it’s really cool how her students interact with kids around the world and learn things that they would have never had the opportunity to learn without this technology. I really liked her approach as well. She adapted to her classroom and never made it too hard for them. She also gave great advice about to use technology where you are most interested. Personally, if I am interacted with something I really enjoy, I am going to learn more efficiently. One of my very points was that you have to find your students interests. If you have your students full attention and interest, that can go a long way.

She also introduced social media to her classroom. One Social media tool they use is Twitter. I think it’s awesome that they are already getting to use these tools. They are so many learning tools you can receive by using those tools. I just recently started using twitter and I absolutely love it. It provides many resources and I learn from it every day. I really like how she incorporates that in her classroom.

Personally, I really enjoyed listening to her Skype conversations. I learned so many things that I can incorporate in my future classroom. Hopefully, I am provided with the right technology because I will definitely put it to use. I have never had the opportunity to learn this much about technology and it has really opened up my eyes to the opportunities I can present my kids with.

Using technolgy in the classroom

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,

    What types of technology would you use in your classroom? Do you think technology could be harmful to the students? How will students benefit from the use of technology in the classroom?

    I think you summarized well, but you need to offer your feed back. Keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan,

    Your blog was very good. You did a great job summarizing both videos. However, you need to provide some feed back on what your thoughts were, not just a summary. Include how you would use technology in your own classroom. Other than that you did well. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete