Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blog Post #12

My Blog Assignment :

Watch this video Education "Times are a changing". What did you get from this video? Do you think technology should take over classrooms and how do you think times are changing? How will you incorporate technology into your classroom? Think about what the video presents and write two or more paragraphs on the questions presented to you earlier following the requirements in Writing a Quality Blog Post.

The next task I would like you to do is to find a website that provides information on how to incorporate technology into the classroom correctly. Provide the benefits of incorporating technology in the Classroom and what you think about these benefits. Also provide the link of the website and a picture.

Me completing my Assignment!

I found the video Education "The Times are a Changing" pretty entertaining and helpful. It was a video that showed how classrooms operated back in the day and how technology started to gradually take over the classroom. It showed students using cell phones and computers in the classroom instead of using pen and paper. I also enjoyed how the music went along with the video and guided you along throughout the video. The video shows the use of tools throughout the classroom such as the Smart board.

Personally, I really think times are changing throughout classrooms in America. Growing up, I rarely used computers in the classroom; I always used pencil and paper. Now the more I see how times are really changing, I believe ALL teachers need to incorporate technology into their classrooms. There is so many ways to learn with the use of technology. There are so many resources and tools on a computer that provide a kid to learn easier. Kids would rather look at information on the computer rather than reading a boring book. I will most definitely incorporate technology into my classroom. I am an old school guy but I see how much technology has grown and how easy it is for kids to learn. There will definitely be computers in my classroom to help my kids learn easier. In the video it also shows the use of the Smart board, which is a great tool. I will use the smart board in my classroom because it engages the students into the classroom and makes it fun to learn.
Kids using the Smart board



The website I found was titled Why Integrate Technology into the Curriculum?: The Reasons Are Many. This particular website provided many reasons why technology should be integrated into the classroom. This website states that “technology will help students acquire the skills they need to survive in a complex, highly technological knowledge-based economy." It states that putting technology in the classroom is more than just having a teacher teaching computer skills and software programs. Teachers need to use effective programs that enhance the learning process. It states that there are four key components of learning. These components are: active engagement, participation in groups, frequent interaction and feedback, and connection to real-world experts. The tools that technology provides are amazing. There are tools that allow student to visualize and understand the certain topic because it is hands own. It also allows the students to stay engaged on the topic.

I believe these benefits are huge for the progress of education. If I would have had some of these opportunities I would be much more advanced. The tools these kids get to use are very useful for their learning. When I become a teacher I am going to incorporate all of these resources and tools into my classroom.

Incorporating technology into the classroom



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordan,
    I really enjoyed the video that you suggested to watch, and it definitely is stating a fact that times are changing inside the classroom. I did not have any technology in the classroom when I was in school either. In today's times I feel it is essential to have some type of technology in the classrooms. I did find a couple of grammatical errors, but other then that your blog post was really good. Keep up the good work.
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete